- This course has live online sessions and self-paced content.
- Each course listing shows the times of the live sessions.
- Each course has two options:
- Option A (8am and 1pm sessions)
- Option B (10am and 3pm sessions)
- The registration cutoff is 3 days before the course date.
UCLA Extension and Get Safe collaboratively offer this course, which outlines differences between racism, racial profiling, and criminal profiling. Students analyze how implicit bias, stereotypes, and racial profiling impact individual interactions and overall trust within the community. Students will be able to apply strategies and perspective to dispel common stereotypes and biases about certain populations to increase officer safety, while using principled policing techniques to gain greater voluntary compliance. Course identifies relevant legal, ethical, and community considerations when working with diverse populations.
Fulfills Perishable Skills: Tactical Communication and meets PC 13519.4 racial profiling training requirements.