- This course has live online sessions and self-paced content.
- Each course listing shows the times of the live sessions.
- Each course has two options:
- Option A (8am and 1pm sessions)
- Option B (10am and 3pm sessions)
- The registration cutoff is 3 days before the course date.
UCLA Extension and Get Safe collaboratively offer this course, which aims to help students understand how biases, stereotyping, and cultural humility concepts impact present-day policing practices. By increasing cultural humility, dispelling myths about common stereotypes, and understanding implicit biases, participants will improve community relationships and increase officer safety. Students learn principled policing techniques and communication strategies to effectively interact with diverse populations to gain greater voluntary compliance.
Fulfills Perishable Skills: Tactical Communication and meets PC 13519.4 cultural diversity training requirements.